Commonly Asked QuestionsFind answers to your questions here
Find answers to your common questions below. If you can’t find what you are looking for you can contact us too.
For more than 25 years the professionals of the Julie Butcher Law Office have been helping personal injury victims throughout the Bluegrass State to recover the compensation they deserve. When you entrust your problems to us, you’ll get compassion, integrity and results. If you have been injured and wonder whether you should file a personal injury lawsuit, you may find the answers to the following frequently asked questions helpful.
- What does “personal injury” mean?
- What types of injuries fall into this category?
- If I file a lawsuit, who will I sue?
- What types of damages are available to compensate me for my injuries?
- How much is my case worth?
- How long does a personal injury lawsuit take?
- Is there a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit?
- What if I can’t afford a lawyer?
Car Insurance FAQs
As a Kentucky personal injury attorney, Julie Butcher has helped many people who were involved in car accidents. Through her experience and knowledge of Kentucky law and the dangers of being uninsured or underinsured, she has developed the following guidelines for the wise purchase of auto insurance.
- How much car insurance liability coverage do I need?
- How much uninsured (UM) and underinsured (UIM) motorist’s coverage should I buy?
- Do I have to get added personal injury protection (also called PIP or no-fault)?
- Do I really need collision coverage?
- What kind of payment plan is best?
Slip and Fall FAQs
- What is a slip-and-fall? Is it different from a trip-and-fall?
- If I slip and fall on someone else’s property, do they have to pay for my injuries?
- Are slips and falls common?
- Where do most slips and falls occur?
- What are the most common slip-and-fall injuries?
- What kinds of hazards can cause a slip-and-fall accident?
- Do property owners have a duty to keep sidewalks cleared during the winter?
- What should I do if I slip and fall on someone else’s property?
- What should I do if an insurance company calls me about the accident?
- What kind of attorney should I look for to handle my slip-and-fall case?
Truck Accident FAQs
Attorney Julie Butcher has that knowledge and experience with many truck cases over her 25+ years of practice. If you have been hurt in a truck accident, you may find the answers to the following frequently asked questions helpful.
- What causes most truck accidents?
- What kinds of errors do truck drivers make that can result in a crash?
- Is substance abuse a problem with commercial motor vehicle drivers?
- How many truck accidents are there on Kentucky roads?
- Do most large truck accidents happen on interstates?
- What features of trucks make them especially dangerous?
- What can a personal injury lawyer do for me after an accident with a truck?
- What is a “commercial truck?”
- Is an accident involving a commercial truck more likely to cause injury than one involving another passenger vehicle?
- What are common reasons for accidents between commercial trucks and passenger vehicles?
- Who is legally responsible for an accident caused by a commercial truck?
- If the semi-truck involved in an accident “jackknifes” does that mean the truck driver was at fault?