Undergrad Scholarship 2017Participate and Submit Your Application Online
The Julie Butcher Law Office is pleased to announce the availability of a scholarship for students, which will be awarded at the beginning of the next academic year (August 2017).
Applicants must write a 500-1000 word essay (in a word doc or PDF format) that answers this question: “When did you become passionate about volunteering in your community and what have you done throughout your academic career to further the cause(s) for which you have given your time?”
- The scholarship is only available to high school seniors, who have been accepted to a 4-year college institution.
- High School students must currently attend a school in the state of Kentucky.
- Applicants are limited to attending the following Universities: University of KY; University of Louisville; Eastern KY; Western KY; Northern KY; Morehead State; Murray State; Kentucky State; KCTCS
- Be a US citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
The winner must be able to provide the following before the scholarship is issued to their school:
- Applicants must provide all current contact information including: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- A color photograph of the applicant
- Proof of attendance or acceptance at an accredited school as outlined in the requirements
- Copy of the applicant’s official transcript for their most recently completed semester of school
The winner is selected solely off of the piece of work submitted. We look for creativity, originality, and ability to convey a complex message.
The Julie Butcher Law Office Scholarship is a $1,000 award. The deadline to apply is May 31, 2017. We will notify the successful applicant by June 15, 2017. A check for $1000 will be made payable to the applicable school and mailed by August 1, 2017, to help defray the recipient’s tuition costs and other expenses. The recipients are expected to abide with current tax laws.
More About Julie Butcher Law Office
It is the goal of the attorneys, paralegals and support staff of the Julie Butcher Law Office to help our injury clients through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether the client has just lost his or her soul mate due to the careless negligence of another or the client’s family faces financial ruin because the primary bread winner becomes disabled, we offer calm and order through our knowledge and navigation of the legal system.
By submitting an application, the applicant grants the Julie Butcher Law Office permission to use the applicant’s name, school, and photo in marketing platforms. This can include, but is not limited to, the Julie Butcher Law Office’s website, social media accounts, press releases, or other publications.